What's the most exciting thing you've ever done AND enjoyed?

I once was a passenger in a Tiger Moth biplane. It gave me a real buzz and was really exciting. Another time I rode in a motorcycle sidecar. And on another I rode in a Lagonda. Following vintage sports cars on the Flying Scotsman road rally to their next gathering point then watch all the different cars set off was fun too. Mm didn't realise I was such a petrolhead! But they were all exciting experiences which I enjoyed even at the time which is rare. 

How about you? What have you found exciting and fun ( clean answers only thanks! )

Parents
  • I really enjoyed proper "stalling" in my own open cockpit aeroplane. A stall is when you gradually remove power from your aeroplane until it no longer flies, but to do it properly, you do it from a shallow climb so that the speed falls off quickly, and the stall is more of a fall until you recover it. In my case all the bits came up off the floor and flew past my head into the airstream, which was briefly confusing, I thought I'd flown through a swarm of something at first..

On my second attempt, (It was fun, so of course I regained my height and did it again straight away!). the aeroplane (Evans VP1) dropped the left wing quite abruptly which was even more exciting but easily controlled, the VP1 makes a Cessna feel sluggish like a 747 in terms of how well it responds to pilot inputs.

It soon became "not fun" as the hangarage and other bills mounted up, and the pilots of more expensive aircraft poured scorn on me and my little aeroplane. In retrospect I wish I'd done "microlighting" rather than "class a" aeroplanes. The people and costs were more in line with my station in life. But I was trying to get to do it as a job for a long while..

• I really enjoyed proper "stalling" in my own open cockpit aeroplane. A stall is when you gradually remove power from your aeroplane until it no longer flies, but to do it properly, you do it from a shallow climb so that the speed falls off quickly, and the stall is more of a fall until you recover it. In my case all the bits came up off the floor and flew past my head into the airstream, which was briefly confusing, I thought I'd flown through a swarm of something at first..

On my second attempt, (It was fun, so of course I regained my height and did it again straight away!). the aeroplane (Evans VP1) dropped the left wing quite abruptly which was even more exciting but easily controlled, the VP1 makes a Cessna feel sluggish like a 747 in terms of how well it responds to pilot inputs.

It soon became "not fun" as the hangarage and other bills mounted up, and the pilots of more expensive aircraft poured scorn on me and my little aeroplane. In retrospect I wish I'd done "microlighting" rather than "class a" aeroplanes. The people and costs were more in line with my station in life. But I was trying to get to do it as a job for a long while..

Children
No Data