An interesting article I wrote on the reality of the current system.

I have compiled an article(most compassionate one to date) about the ideal vision for our revised system. Click here http://www.assupportgrouponline.org/system

Please check it out.

Emma

Parents
  • It wasn’t all dumped in various estuaries, it was just that they collected too much and couldn’t process it and didn’t want to tell people it was all a pointless exercise. It was badly planned and implemented though, especially as we continued to need to import iron.

I'm not really sure that you understand economics very well.

I would throw exactly the same as you.

It really is futile, if not downright offensive, to tell common folk to pay more taxes whilst multinational companies use tax havens to cheat the exchequer out of billions.

It’s not futile or offensive, people should pay the tax due, if they feel that they want more public spending then they should also feel that they correspondingly should pay more. If anything is offensive it’s the idea that they should be able to live of the labour of others just because they “want more”. It’s totally different to having a safety net, but if people want higher government spending then they have to accept higher taxation (or massive QE, rampant inflation and devaluation of Sterling but that’s a separate matter).

Make companies like Sky TV, Google, Amazon, and Facebook pay their share of taxes first before telling the average Joe to.

That old chestnut, “their share”, or often with the addition of “fair”. They pay what they are required to by the law, just as everyone else does and personally I’d like to see corporation taxes lowered further but with a dividend tax when the dividend is issued to a non-UK taxpayer/entity and a profit transfer tax.

People seem to forget the incentive, I run a company, after paying all normal costs there’s business rates (tax), there’s ers NI (tax), there’s then Corporation Tax at 20% on the remaining profits. I’ll already have paid income tax and ees NI on my PAYE salary and on any profit that I take out as dividend I then have to pay Income tax on that at 40%. On top of that there’s council tax, duty, VAT etc. I’m already giving away a significant chunk of my income and getting very little back, whilst at the same time being told I don’t contribute enough, that I should give up even more of my income so that other people don’t have to contribute at all. I have no problem with the state helping people with disabilities, who are ill, pensioners, children etc. but where I take issue is people insisting that they shouldn’t pay any more tax because they want to be able to go on holiday more often or want to be able to drink more. If everyone was willing to pay more the I would be as well, but I’m not willing to pay more because others think that everything should be paid for by “someone else”.

• It wasn’t all dumped in various estuaries, it was just that they collected too much and couldn’t process it and didn’t want to tell people it was all a pointless exercise. It was badly planned and implemented though, especially as we continued to need to import iron.

I'm not really sure that you understand economics very well.

I would throw exactly the same as you.

It really is futile, if not downright offensive, to tell common folk to pay more taxes whilst multinational companies use tax havens to cheat the exchequer out of billions.

It’s not futile or offensive, people should pay the tax due, if they feel that they want more public spending then they should also feel that they correspondingly should pay more. If anything is offensive it’s the idea that they should be able to live of the labour of others just because they “want more”. It’s totally different to having a safety net, but if people want higher government spending then they have to accept higher taxation (or massive QE, rampant inflation and devaluation of Sterling but that’s a separate matter).

Make companies like Sky TV, Google, Amazon, and Facebook pay their share of taxes first before telling the average Joe to.

That old chestnut, “their share”, or often with the addition of “fair”. They pay what they are required to by the law, just as everyone else does and personally I’d like to see corporation taxes lowered further but with a dividend tax when the dividend is issued to a non-UK taxpayer/entity and a profit transfer tax.

People seem to forget the incentive, I run a company, after paying all normal costs there’s business rates (tax), there’s ers NI (tax), there’s then Corporation Tax at 20% on the remaining profits. I’ll already have paid income tax and ees NI on my PAYE salary and on any profit that I take out as dividend I then have to pay Income tax on that at 40%. On top of that there’s council tax, duty, VAT etc. I’m already giving away a significant chunk of my income and getting very little back, whilst at the same time being told I don’t contribute enough, that I should give up even more of my income so that other people don’t have to contribute at all. I have no problem with the state helping people with disabilities, who are ill, pensioners, children etc. but where I take issue is people insisting that they shouldn’t pay any more tax because they want to be able to go on holiday more often or want to be able to drink more. If everyone was willing to pay more the I would be as well, but I’m not willing to pay more because others think that everything should be paid for by “someone else”.

Children
No Data