Jehovah's Witnesses with ASD

Are there any / have you encountered any Jehovah's Witnesses with ASD?

Parents
  • This was a funny post.  I wondered why Arran asked the? In the first instance?

I'm atypical Asd. Looked into the Bible 9 years with them. And became one. For over a decade.

I recently decided I had enough.

Not because others feel its a cult. I never did.

I was taken to Church as a child left volutarily at 15. Bored with the hypocrisy.

JWs at least teach what is actually in the Bible.  With out the add ons of Christmas or  Easter neither of which feature in any Bible.

They can't convert you joining is a choice.

There are good people in all walks of life and religions.

But there will always be pretenders in ALL religions.

Saying that they do get abuse just for belonging to this belief system.

You can be hated & ridiculed just for telling people your a JW.  

This is not why I left though. Or wont return.  

I feel I'm not suited to putting the reputation of an organisation before what I feel is right.

I feel all organisations expect this of individuals.

So in answer to your question I don't think I would fit well in any religious organisation.

But we are all different so what works for some doesn't work for all.

I wouldn't assume all asd people wouldn't be able to conform to a belief system. 

I know some do. I wouldn't knock their hussle.

I feel its logical to believe we have a designer after all no human has been able to recreate another planet earth.

I always think accidents can be explained & recreated!

I will never be an atheist in my heart. But I would't disrespect someone for their choice to believe what they want!

We can't all be robots who look and feel the same about everything.

This attitude starts wars.

Starstruck

• Thank you very much, I really appreciate when non-witness ASDs do research. Thanks for defending my believes, as I am an ASD Witness myself. I greatly appreciate how you have gone out of your way to educate yourself on our beliefs. There are many misconceptions of us (like us being a cult & brain washing our members). We are actually genuinely really warm-hearted loving people, the elders (like a teacher) are just there to help & guide us, and they don’t view themselves above the rest. We are encouraged to do our own research to help build a firm foundation for our beliefs. It really hurts especially for me as I have ADHD, anxiety & ASD (which do not mix well) so I am like super super super super sensitive, and it hurts when people make accusations about us. In many countries we are persecuted and often imprisoned (sometimes killed) just because of what we believe in. Most witnesses would rather be executed than give up what they believe in (including me) not because we have been brainwashed but because we have strong built a strong foundation for our beliefs by doing independent research. I can’t even tell you how much I appreciate you sticking up for us. Not many people do. :)

•  I am too a JW with ASD, thank you for defending our beliefs and giving such a balanced response ! 

Reply Children