Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • Arran said:

But do they provide support for SEN? Many independent schools do not want students with SEN, especially ASD, or provide any help or support with it. Will grammar schools follow in their footsteps?

It depends on the school and what the SEN is, they will take the brightest children, if those children have a SEN and pass the entrance exams then yes they will take them and yes they will help provide and assist with that need. Mostly because of their entrance requirements they will tend not to have those at the more severe end of the scale. As quite often some of those with ASD will be the brightest in any particular year they do form part of the grammar schools intake and with the focus on academic achievement they will tend to do well, being geeky, intelligent and wanting to succeed isn't looked down on in grammar schools.

• Arran said:

But do they provide support for SEN? Many independent schools do not want students with SEN, especially ASD, or provide any help or support with it. Will grammar schools follow in their footsteps?

It depends on the school and what the SEN is, they will take the brightest children, if those children have a SEN and pass the entrance exams then yes they will take them and yes they will help provide and assist with that need. Mostly because of their entrance requirements they will tend not to have those at the more severe end of the scale. As quite often some of those with ASD will be the brightest in any particular year they do form part of the grammar schools intake and with the focus on academic achievement they will tend to do well, being geeky, intelligent and wanting to succeed isn't looked down on in grammar schools.

Children
No Data