Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • Arran said:

I think...

...but I don't actually know!

Quite, exactly the same as you "think", "believe" etc. there's nothing wrong with that, we’re all able to draw our own conclusions, but you can’t pick someone else up on it if you’re doing the same. 

Arran said:

It is a question of ethics. Should a person charged with a terrorism offence be 'abandoned' on the grounds of public opinion but it's acceptable to support a person charged with computer hacking? This is regardless of the amount of evidence against them and whether or not they claim to be innocent or guilty. I have talked to lawyers who represent people charged with terrorism offences and they say it takes a lot of courage and conviction to practise this area of law. Public opinion is rarely on their side and they are targets of harrassment.

There is balance to this though, he wasn't denied representation, he wasn't denied a diagnosis, he wasn’t offered help by a charity, something that they are perfectly at liberty to do.

Arran said:

I would have been much happier with the NAS if they were honest and upfront about why they were unwilling to support Talha Ahsan rather than just ignoring him and deleting critical posts on this forum.

They can’t come out and say that they are unwilling to support someone because they are an alleged terrorist any more than they can come out and say they support someone because “it’s only hacking”, they have to make a decision if it’s in the interests of the charity and the wider group they offer services to, if it is beneficial in the long run and if they think that ASD was in any way relevant to the case. They made a decision not to offer assistance, they were in possession of all that information, you clearly wanted them to act differently.

Arran said:

IMO the NAS is a deceptive, sneaky, dishonest, and potentially corrupt organisation.

That’s your opinion, one has to wonder why you’re here on the forums of an organisation you hold in utter distain and seem intent on trying to paint it in a bad light whilst not in possession of the full facts.

• Arran said:

I think...

...but I don't actually know!

Quite, exactly the same as you "think", "believe" etc. there's nothing wrong with that, we’re all able to draw our own conclusions, but you can’t pick someone else up on it if you’re doing the same. 

Arran said:

It is a question of ethics. Should a person charged with a terrorism offence be 'abandoned' on the grounds of public opinion but it's acceptable to support a person charged with computer hacking? This is regardless of the amount of evidence against them and whether or not they claim to be innocent or guilty. I have talked to lawyers who represent people charged with terrorism offences and they say it takes a lot of courage and conviction to practise this area of law. Public opinion is rarely on their side and they are targets of harrassment.

There is balance to this though, he wasn't denied representation, he wasn't denied a diagnosis, he wasn’t offered help by a charity, something that they are perfectly at liberty to do.

Arran said:

I would have been much happier with the NAS if they were honest and upfront about why they were unwilling to support Talha Ahsan rather than just ignoring him and deleting critical posts on this forum.

They can’t come out and say that they are unwilling to support someone because they are an alleged terrorist any more than they can come out and say they support someone because “it’s only hacking”, they have to make a decision if it’s in the interests of the charity and the wider group they offer services to, if it is beneficial in the long run and if they think that ASD was in any way relevant to the case. They made a decision not to offer assistance, they were in possession of all that information, you clearly wanted them to act differently.

Arran said:

IMO the NAS is a deceptive, sneaky, dishonest, and potentially corrupt organisation.

That’s your opinion, one has to wonder why you’re here on the forums of an organisation you hold in utter distain and seem intent on trying to paint it in a bad light whilst not in possession of the full facts.

Children
No Data