High Functioning Asperger's Child

Hello there,

We are new to the forum. We have a high functioning Asperger's child who is gifted. He has some faddy eating problems at the moment. Would love to connect with others.

Parents
  • Hello Trainspotter,

Thanks for your thoughtful post. It sounds as though your range of food is now really very good. My son has overlaps with what you say, but has a more limited range for now- he also likes pure things and does not like food that has been changed too much from its natural state. He has OCD reactions to food too which complicates things. 

It is interesting to hear about your food tastes- I remember that song 'Whatever gets you through your life , it's alright...' and that seems true here.

Well done! Thanks for taking the time to post.

• Hello Trainspotter,

Thanks for your thoughtful post. It sounds as though your range of food is now really very good. My son has overlaps with what you say, but has a more limited range for now- he also likes pure things and does not like food that has been changed too much from its natural state. He has OCD reactions to food too which complicates things. 

It is interesting to hear about your food tastes- I remember that song 'Whatever gets you through your life , it's alright...' and that seems true here.

Well done! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Children
No Data