Can anyone recommend an offline planner app

Hello.

I'm looking for an app that lets me keep track of my appointments and other things that I have on.

I DO NOT like the calendar that came with iOS 7. I do not want an email to be sent to me as a reminder. I also want a much better overview. I should be able to get an overview of the month or week and also be able to open a list showing all my events and should be able to put in repeated events, for example, "pay day". 

I don't want an app that isn't designed to be used offline. I do not wish to be online all the time.

Can anyone recommend an offline app for iOS that might help me get my life more organised?

• mickey said:

Does it let you add recurring events, for example "social group every 4 weeks starting on Feb 4th" so it automatically repeats it for the 4th of Feb, 4th of March, 1st of April and then 4 weeks after that?

Yes, it does.

• StephenHarris said:

It syncs to your phone, so you'll be able to use it offline; you can add stuff on the phone directly.

Does it let you add recurring events, for example "social group every 4 weeks starting on Feb 4th" so it automatically repeats it for the 4th of Feb, 4th of March, 1st of April and then 4 weeks after that?

• It syncs to your phone, so you'll be able to use it offline; you can add stuff on the phone directly.

• StephenHarris said:

I personally use Google Calendar myself, but I'm sure the App Store has plenty of examples.

You do realise that I specifically said it needs to be an offline planner (if I was looking for an online calendar, I wouldn't struggle to find one)? Surely Google Calendar is very much online based, if not online dependent?

• I personally use Google Calendar myself, but I'm sure the App Store has plenty of examples.

• StephenHarris said:

I'd like to help, but I don't use Apple stuff myself.

Hi. I was actually looking for an app that was NOT made by Apple. I'm not partial to Apple in any way. So if you have one on Android that you would recommend, the app developer may have made a version for iOS as well. If you tell me what it's called, I can look it up.

• I'd like to help, but I don't use Apple stuff myself.

• I've been reluctant to upgrade the OS as I've seen bad reviews about the later versions.

What version of "the new iOS calendar" are you talking about? Is it the one that comes with iOS 9? Does the calendar work well when you're offline? It's for an iPod Touch that isn't always connected to wi-fi so I need to be able to use it offline. I don't like the idea of being online all the time and prefer to use a desktop PC when I do need to use the internet.

• Are you stuck on ios7?  I think that's going to be the biggest issue as a lot of more recent software won't work properly with it.

And solving your issue, the new iOS calendar will take all your upcoming appointments and present them in a list.

• Are you stuck on ios7?  I think that's going to be the biggest issue as a lot of more recent software won't work properly with it.

And solving your issue, the new iOS calendar will take all your upcoming appointments and present them in a list.