chat room?

hiyas,

has anyone considered a basic chat room,or setting up a chat room for asd/as and parents n carers elsewhere, so people that are online at the same time can have general chit chat  with each other? would take just a few people willing to be admins within the chat room, maybe only have it open at certain times,,but could come and have conversation or blow off steam if we need to.... just a thort ! x

Parents
  • There are a few autism chat rooms out there, but they tend to be a bit dead.  A lot of autistic people talk slowly and that seems to linclude type talking.  I am autistic but actually talk and type quite fast and it was a bit frustrating to be honest.  Plus all chat rooms however hard you try attract trolls and espeically health based ones where they think people might be vunrable, althouhg some sites are good at removing trolls this is smething to bare in mind.  I think these chat sites can be good, but they take more work to moniter and look after than you may think 

• here is the link for ASDirect which is global and u can chat all day. The sign up process can be slow because of the demand of people trying to get in each day.....  

discord.com/.../QSzajyp

it is well moderated and has diifferent areas and emotional help as well  --- sounds like u will love it 

• There is also Adulting Autism on Discord which admittedly is a lot quieter than ASDirect

Adulting Autism

• okdk i have to get back to work now

• I'm not bothered if a chat site is on Discord or not I just want to chat with like minded people.

• i was banned from that site  and so moved to ASDirect which is awesome and moderated by professional like/experienced  staff. Havent looked back since.

speed is what the discussion author asked about.

I found all ages in ASDirect  and stuck to a small group usually.

Then I just got tired of the mindless small talk 

I dont use Discord.com for political reasons now.

there are other smaller public sites in discord for Autism people which again would be better  than the site you have mentioned.

• i just find ASDirect hard to follow as the chats move at such a speed, plus I think most on there are a lot younger than me.

Reply Children