Muddling Dreams and Reality?

I am trying to understand my autistic 8 year old better.  Has anyone ever had dreams that then become confused as reality?  Is this an autistic trait?

Thanks

CJ

Parents
  • I certainly don't confuse my dreams with reality after waking, however, I have to admit that when I've had a particularly powerful dream there is no realization that it is, in fact, a dream and I suppose it's its own reality taking place within the sub-conscious.

At the end of the day reality is all about perception so what is real and what is not is open to interpretation. It's the old chesnut about whether a tree makes a sound when it falls in the forest if there are no ears about to perceive the sound.

It's perfectly true that a dream can seem so real that it has the power to cause fear, love, hate, ecstacy, etc. to the dreamer at the time, so that side of dreams are real at least.

• I certainly don't confuse my dreams with reality after waking, however, I have to admit that when I've had a particularly powerful dream there is no realization that it is, in fact, a dream and I suppose it's its own reality taking place within the sub-conscious.

At the end of the day reality is all about perception so what is real and what is not is open to interpretation. It's the old chesnut about whether a tree makes a sound when it falls in the forest if there are no ears about to perceive the sound.

It's perfectly true that a dream can seem so real that it has the power to cause fear, love, hate, ecstacy, etc. to the dreamer at the time, so that side of dreams are real at least.

Children
No Data