Muddling Dreams and Reality?

I am trying to understand my autistic 8 year old better.  Has anyone ever had dreams that then become confused as reality?  Is this an autistic trait?

Thanks

CJ

Parents
  • 1. It appears you do understand the problem well enough, and have formed a viable solution for it.

2. Another consideration here - is that just as light has seven spectral refractions (or colours), and that minerals have seven crystalline configurations (i.e. pyrite as a cubic, quartz as a trigonal, and so on); the same applies for the experiential fields of the human embodimeent - with each one resonating with the seven tonal notations of the diatonic scale; as used in western music.

3. Thus it is that people either have experiences of waking up several times before they actually do, and on occasion wetting the bed, or in your daughters case - as she wound down and fell stage by stage deeper asleep, she was accordingly being woken up by a dreamt version of you - in several levels or domains of her dreaming.

4. The next question then, accepting the aforementioned, and that your daughter, when having a meltdown, stated that you were waking her up to do jobs through the course of the night - might this mean then that she was having problems with being overworked or stressed out? Could this just be a natural stage of her childhood development, to be outgrown, or might changes be rquired either at home, school or both?

D.

• 1. It appears you do understand the problem well enough, and have formed a viable solution for it.

2. Another consideration here - is that just as light has seven spectral refractions (or colours), and that minerals have seven crystalline configurations (i.e. pyrite as a cubic, quartz as a trigonal, and so on); the same applies for the experiential fields of the human embodimeent - with each one resonating with the seven tonal notations of the diatonic scale; as used in western music.

3. Thus it is that people either have experiences of waking up several times before they actually do, and on occasion wetting the bed, or in your daughters case - as she wound down and fell stage by stage deeper asleep, she was accordingly being woken up by a dreamt version of you - in several levels or domains of her dreaming.

4. The next question then, accepting the aforementioned, and that your daughter, when having a meltdown, stated that you were waking her up to do jobs through the course of the night - might this mean then that she was having problems with being overworked or stressed out? Could this just be a natural stage of her childhood development, to be outgrown, or might changes be rquired either at home, school or both?

D.

Children
No Data