Muddling Dreams and Reality?

I am trying to understand my autistic 8 year old better.  Has anyone ever had dreams that then become confused as reality?  Is this an autistic trait?

Thanks

CJ

Parents
  • Thanks for your comments, although, please excuse me, I fell asleep and am not quite understanding.  I have no idea what a Lucid dream is.  

I think if I am understanding you correctly is that; when  I woke up, I knew I had been dreaming, but I am wondering, is it possible, to have had such a vivid dream, that later on, you actually think you lived it and not dreamt it.  So she told the teachers I wake her in the middle of the night (not true!) - so can it be explained because, in her dream I did wake her up, (but not me physically), and so later on, she actually thinks I did?

Thanks CJ

• Thanks for your comments, although, please excuse me, I fell asleep and am not quite understanding.  I have no idea what a Lucid dream is.  

I think if I am understanding you correctly is that; when  I woke up, I knew I had been dreaming, but I am wondering, is it possible, to have had such a vivid dream, that later on, you actually think you lived it and not dreamt it.  So she told the teachers I wake her in the middle of the night (not true!) - so can it be explained because, in her dream I did wake her up, (but not me physically), and so later on, she actually thinks I did?

Thanks CJ

Children
No Data