Muddling Dreams and Reality?

I am trying to understand my autistic 8 year old better.  Has anyone ever had dreams that then become confused as reality?  Is this an autistic trait?

Thanks

CJ

Parents
  • You have some really interesting points.  As an NT myself, I remember trying my best to fly (as in, spirit out of body flying), I would practice for hours, and sometimes thought I achieved it.  I also found your toilet point funny, purely because my worst dream (very frequent) was to wake up, get out of bed - feel the cold floor, walk down the wooden staircase, out house was always cold so feeling chilly, walk throught he lounge, past the lovely warm range (always lit) in the kitchen, through the small hall and into the bathroom.  I would actually sit on the toilet and feel as though I was about to start, then wake up, in bed, about to wet myself!!!  

horryfying, and so often, I can still rmember it now as though I had just been through it all again.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.  I will keep plugging away at trying to understand my little girl.  We will make it in the end.

• You have some really interesting points.  As an NT myself, I remember trying my best to fly (as in, spirit out of body flying), I would practice for hours, and sometimes thought I achieved it.  I also found your toilet point funny, purely because my worst dream (very frequent) was to wake up, get out of bed - feel the cold floor, walk down the wooden staircase, out house was always cold so feeling chilly, walk throught he lounge, past the lovely warm range (always lit) in the kitchen, through the small hall and into the bathroom.  I would actually sit on the toilet and feel as though I was about to start, then wake up, in bed, about to wet myself!!!  

horryfying, and so often, I can still rmember it now as though I had just been through it all again.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.  I will keep plugging away at trying to understand my little girl.  We will make it in the end.

Children
No Data