Muddling Dreams and Reality?

I am trying to understand my autistic 8 year old better.  Has anyone ever had dreams that then become confused as reality?  Is this an autistic trait?

Thanks

CJ

Parents
  • Thanks for your response, I am what we call on here an NT I am afraid, but my daughter is autistic and I have been trying to find anyway of changing my behaviour to help her and material to help understand her better.

So your book reference is appreciated, but aslong as you think it is still ok as she is Autistic and not Aspergic/gian (not sure of correct terms).

The reason for interest is that my daughter claimed (during a meltdown) at school that I was waking her up in the middle of the night to do jobs.  Now the school believed her, but obviously I would never wake her up, she normally goes to bed between 10 and 10.30 and sometimes as late as 11 or 12, so why on earth would I wake her up again?

I was wondering if she was dreaming about this as she often talks in her sleep or has nightmares.  But I am now inclined to believe that she may be confusing the middle of the night with when I wake her in the morning and then has to do her jobs to go to school - so it fits but not quite.

Thanks for responding to me.

CJ

• Thanks for your response, I am what we call on here an NT I am afraid, but my daughter is autistic and I have been trying to find anyway of changing my behaviour to help her and material to help understand her better.

So your book reference is appreciated, but aslong as you think it is still ok as she is Autistic and not Aspergic/gian (not sure of correct terms).

The reason for interest is that my daughter claimed (during a meltdown) at school that I was waking her up in the middle of the night to do jobs.  Now the school believed her, but obviously I would never wake her up, she normally goes to bed between 10 and 10.30 and sometimes as late as 11 or 12, so why on earth would I wake her up again?

I was wondering if she was dreaming about this as she often talks in her sleep or has nightmares.  But I am now inclined to believe that she may be confusing the middle of the night with when I wake her in the morning and then has to do her jobs to go to school - so it fits but not quite.

Thanks for responding to me.

CJ

Children
No Data