cannabis oil

Our 3 year old boy is in the final process of officially being diagnosed, and we are probably like many  other families , in that we are always online desperately looking for help/ advice  that  may  help our boy, we have come  across articles on cannabis oil  ( albeit mainly on  American sites ) has any one got any views on this? Is it legal here ,does it help, has anyone any experience of it ? 

Parents
  • Children are often given fairly strong meds from the GP as I was.
    As an adult I occasionally use legal CBD oil and there are times when it does help.

All suppliers and oils are different ... some oils can be energising and others relaxing so requires experimentation.
    Holland and Barrett do a mild version ... but I would recommend the blue or purple editions from CBD brothers,
    CBD is not considered psychoactive or a drug so some of the other posters need to get off their high horse and drop their prejudice. CBD is quite subtle, but worthwhile in my opinion if needed ...  its effects are not miraculous and of course users will still be autistic ... but just with another coping tool.
    It is bi-phasic so one must start with a low dose

• Hello!

our 10yo just been diagnosed and it has been recommended we medicate her “to soften her feelings so that she can learn healthier coping strategies so that we can rebuild her self esteem and so that she can progress to her full potential”

I am now looking at cbd oil as a possible alternative, we already use magnesium, pulsatilla, niacin and essential oils..I am aware that many dismiss homeopathic remedies but personally I would rather move in this direction than medicine..thankss for your insight regarding cbd, we do not wish to cure her quirks but rather make them more manageable for her and minimise her emotional distress when things go wrong..

• Hello!

our 10yo just been diagnosed and it has been recommended we medicate her “to soften her feelings so that she can learn healthier coping strategies so that we can rebuild her self esteem and so that she can progress to her full potential”

I am now looking at cbd oil as a possible alternative, we already use magnesium, pulsatilla, niacin and essential oils..I am aware that many dismiss homeopathic remedies but personally I would rather move in this direction than medicine..thankss for your insight regarding cbd, we do not wish to cure her quirks but rather make them more manageable for her and minimise her emotional distress when things go wrong..

Children
  • My son is 15 now and lives with Aspergers . I believe and have always told him it’s not a disability it’s a fantastic ability! He suffers a lot from anxiety and depression now he’s a teen. At 10 years old he was fantastic, witty, unconscious comedian. He’s still is a brilliant boy but he’s now struggling to fit in with nurotypical kids his age. I refuse to give him anti depressants, beta blockers and any med that start with Risp! The side affects are worse than the benefits! 

I personally take cbd oil and I wouldn’t  give it to my child if I didn’t believe it works. I also disagree with some of the posts above about the scientific testing! If they looked into what the doctor prescribe our kids there is no comparison! 

There is so many ways you can give it to a child, oil isn’t one I’d advise. I’ve bought my son the CBD candies. 

All I can advise you to do is research aspergers/autism, trust you know your own child and trust your own decision. :)