Does he know?

Hi all :)

You may have seen a topic i prerviously posted very recently about my boys. Im a mom of 3. I have got  my one boy through alot of the process to the point they have said its Autism and ADHD but it hasnt been put on paper as yet as hes yet to see a phsycotherapist and my other son hasnt even got to first screening yet. This in mind, I have so many questions, so please forgive me as no matter what i read it seems so vague. My main question being if this is the case, does my nearly 6 year old son know? is he aware of his autism and ADHD? If not when do they become aware of it? do you tell them or do you not say anything at all ( i wouldnt until it was on paper anyway). Also my one son has alot of hitting, bitting to others and himself, he uses baby talk and grunts, these things sometimes make me wonder is all this behaviour completely his condition OR is some of it just an average nearly 6 year olds behaviour? Im very confused. I know alot of the things he does isnt that of someone his age but say like when hes boundary pushing is that the nearly six year old or is it part of the condition or both? the reason i ask this as im so worried about time out if its something that cant be helped, in fact should i be time outing anyway?  Im in a place where im questioning everything he does (not to him like i just think is this his way of saying i cant cope or is it him just being a head strong nearly 6 year old?) , im questioning everything we do like should i time out if his behaviour is unacceptable (but then it might not be his fault and so i dont want him to feel misunderstood). I often wonder if he knows as im scared that he might feel alone or isolated and i really dont want that. I mean he seems happy enough until hes in one of his outbursts but i am a worrier and the thought of them feeling misunderstood for even a second turns my stomach. If theres anyone out there with autism / ADHD or both a point of view and advice from you would be greatly appreciated as i just want to understand and do the best for my boys. My boys havent changed overnight and i would like to think that i know them every inch of the way however if theres anything i can do to understand the way they see the world then that can only benefit them surely? thank you for reading my post, and thank you in advance to anyone that can contribute, it means alot. Best Wishes, Lisa :)

Parents
  • Tiring day. :S

Woke up, went CAHM's, got action plan in place for further appointments. Went home (got kicked out of the car outside the house as mum was in a rush to get to work XD) and checked emails to see if I still needed to go to school despite having no lessons (the trip that was out of order took up the only lessons I had). Got told by teacher to come in and sign in anyway. Walked dog until I had to go school. Went school. Resisted urge to hit others or my head against the wall as dimwit teacher realises that when I said 'local library' I meant 'local library' not 'life centre that is right near the school that has next to no books'. So, came home, got things, went to the high street, found the library. Spent two hours tracking down the books I wanted, came home.

Am now enduring my sister and her loud annoying friends.

Note: I still have to update my Oyster Card to free so I had to walk all day.

• Tiring day. :S

Woke up, went CAHM's, got action plan in place for further appointments. Went home (got kicked out of the car outside the house as mum was in a rush to get to work XD) and checked emails to see if I still needed to go to school despite having no lessons (the trip that was out of order took up the only lessons I had). Got told by teacher to come in and sign in anyway. Walked dog until I had to go school. Went school. Resisted urge to hit others or my head against the wall as dimwit teacher realises that when I said 'local library' I meant 'local library' not 'life centre that is right near the school that has next to no books'. So, came home, got things, went to the high street, found the library. Spent two hours tracking down the books I wanted, came home.

Am now enduring my sister and her loud annoying friends.

Note: I still have to update my Oyster Card to free so I had to walk all day.

Children
No Data