New to Spectrum

Good Evening everyone,

I have recently been at the GP with my 3 n 1/2 year old son. The GP has said he believe my son to be on the spectrum, leaving me to enter into a new world completely blind.

This has come about because my son physically attacks me and has soo much aggression towards me but at the same time can be soo clingy and loving. It gets very confusing as to why he does this when there is no obvious reason for his actions. Since the GP tol me this I have researched alot and my son is getting alot worse day by day and i am really struggling as a single mum with limited support. I feel my son is changing far too quick and any stratagy i try is just infuriating him more.

I completed a criteria checklist for PDA a my son scored 66 which is extremely high at this point. I am alone in this at the moment as the GP has tried to get CAMHS to see him but they refused despite te fact the GP said my son is the worse he has seen in his entire career for aggression towards me for no apparent reason. 

Anyway I have rambled enough now I just dont know what to feel, how i should be parenting him or literally anything now I just feel so helpless for my little one as he must feel so mixed up in his own young mind.

Parents
  • hi

have you cut fizzy drinks and sweets out of his diet. it wont do any harm and may show any additive issue. he could be ASD only time will tell.

3 1/2 is a funny age. has anything new happened in your sons life. as others say make sure your consistant.

a timeout room can work but at 3 1/2 a corner will do. have simple rules that he knows.

look up about supporting pre school kid into school. just remember he is not hitting you to be bad. maybe a punch bag.

funnily it was one of our non autistic kids who was like your son. does he have loads of energy.

• hi

have you cut fizzy drinks and sweets out of his diet. it wont do any harm and may show any additive issue. he could be ASD only time will tell.

3 1/2 is a funny age. has anything new happened in your sons life. as others say make sure your consistant.

a timeout room can work but at 3 1/2 a corner will do. have simple rules that he knows.

look up about supporting pre school kid into school. just remember he is not hitting you to be bad. maybe a punch bag.

funnily it was one of our non autistic kids who was like your son. does he have loads of energy.

Children
No Data