New to Spectrum

Good Evening everyone,

I have recently been at the GP with my 3 n 1/2 year old son. The GP has said he believe my son to be on the spectrum, leaving me to enter into a new world completely blind.

This has come about because my son physically attacks me and has soo much aggression towards me but at the same time can be soo clingy and loving. It gets very confusing as to why he does this when there is no obvious reason for his actions. Since the GP tol me this I have researched alot and my son is getting alot worse day by day and i am really struggling as a single mum with limited support. I feel my son is changing far too quick and any stratagy i try is just infuriating him more.

I completed a criteria checklist for PDA a my son scored 66 which is extremely high at this point. I am alone in this at the moment as the GP has tried to get CAMHS to see him but they refused despite te fact the GP said my son is the worse he has seen in his entire career for aggression towards me for no apparent reason. 

Anyway I have rambled enough now I just dont know what to feel, how i should be parenting him or literally anything now I just feel so helpless for my little one as he must feel so mixed up in his own young mind.

Parents
  • Hi Tanya and welcome first of you are not alone I know it's hard I have a son who is 3 he has autism he can lash out at me for no reason or when his having a bad moment he will do it go back to your hip and ask if they can refer you to the social communications team as my son was refers to them it can be a bit of wait though I had to wait 6 months but I was referd by a speech therpist as was already having other tests if you look on Google for local help centres they be able to offer some help Don't give up get back on to your gp I dont know if your son talks but maybey try and speak to him when his having a good day ask him why or what makes him feel angry maybey invest in a cushion for him but that's his own one that he can hit out on or scream into maybey take him with you when you get it so his involved with picking it out hope this helps good luck x

• Hi Tanya and welcome first of you are not alone I know it's hard I have a son who is 3 he has autism he can lash out at me for no reason or when his having a bad moment he will do it go back to your hip and ask if they can refer you to the social communications team as my son was refers to them it can be a bit of wait though I had to wait 6 months but I was referd by a speech therpist as was already having other tests if you look on Google for local help centres they be able to offer some help Don't give up get back on to your gp I dont know if your son talks but maybey try and speak to him when his having a good day ask him why or what makes him feel angry maybey invest in a cushion for him but that's his own one that he can hit out on or scream into maybey take him with you when you get it so his involved with picking it out hope this helps good luck x

Children
No Data