Shoe Frustration

I know there are others on here frustrated with buying clothes and shoes. Recently I have seen shoe sales, so thought I would do that difficult search for size 8, but when I ask for the wide option they only have size 4. 

It also seems that the latest fashion for lace ups is to have a zip down the side. I don't get that at all as I wear low shoes because I enjoy walking or need to walk somewhere in the rain. I can't imagine zips down the side would keep feet dry or be very comfortable. 

I long for the day when I once again find a pair of soft wide shoes. If I do I think I need to get a spare pair for when they wear out.

Parents
  • I take a wide size 8, I also have very high arches, which is an added problem. I have found the 'Airflex' range at M&S a generally good option. They are, I believe, an Australian make , so tend to be quite lightweight too. I have a pair of suede lace-ups that are hardly detectable when worn.

• I have high arches and instep too, I find to get something wide enough across my toes and ball of my foot means that the heel is to wide and they're like flip flops, I can wrap a pair of docs right around my ankle and cats, I can do up as tight as they go and just step out of them. Thats one of the reasons I like Moshulu as they're wide across the toes and narrower at the heels, they're a British company making shoes for British sized feet!

I did have some walking shoes with laces and a zip and the zip didn't leak and I was walking on very boggy ground all the time, the only time I got my feet wet was when I accidently stood in a puddle that went over the top of my boots.

• I have high arches and instep too, I find to get something wide enough across my toes and ball of my foot means that the heel is to wide and they're like flip flops, I can wrap a pair of docs right around my ankle and cats, I can do up as tight as they go and just step out of them. Thats one of the reasons I like Moshulu as they're wide across the toes and narrower at the heels, they're a British company making shoes for British sized feet!

I did have some walking shoes with laces and a zip and the zip didn't leak and I was walking on very boggy ground all the time, the only time I got my feet wet was when I accidently stood in a puddle that went over the top of my boots.

Children