Shoe Frustration

I know there are others on here frustrated with buying clothes and shoes. Recently I have seen shoe sales, so thought I would do that difficult search for size 8, but when I ask for the wide option they only have size 4. 

It also seems that the latest fashion for lace ups is to have a zip down the side. I don't get that at all as I wear low shoes because I enjoy walking or need to walk somewhere in the rain. I can't imagine zips down the side would keep feet dry or be very comfortable. 

I long for the day when I once again find a pair of soft wide shoes. If I do I think I need to get a spare pair for when they wear out.

Parents
  • I've worn boots since the 90s. I often used to twist my ankle when walking, and so the boots help prevent that. 

Long before I was diagnosed, my wife would call them my summer boots and my winter boots (no difference, same boots. A joke).

And then I see this thread and I think... There's another example of being autistic that was always there in plain sight.

• I’m exactly the same with boots, my ankles feel like they are out of their joints in shoes and painful, last summer I was the only person walking on the beach in boots. I don’t own a pair of shoes, they are never wide enough. I suppose the bright side is that I can easily walk in snow!

• Someone else who wears boots on the beach like me!! I look stupid! I don't care! Thanks for telling us that.

Reply Children
No Data