Looking in the eyes

My discovery journey helps me realise some things about myself. And here is what I noticed about the eye contact. While it’s uncomfortable with others, I noticed that I actually like looking into my own eyes in a mirror. I also noticed, that they are actually not blue, as I was always told. Depending on the light they change colors. I can see it in the mirror and photos. Sometimes they are blue like a lagoon sometimes grey but often also green. In the dim warm bathroom light they are green. How about others here? Do you also like looking into your own eyes in the mirror? My own eyes are the only one that don’t penetrate my soul. Others - do, and it’s painful or at least unpleasant. If anyone likes to take part in the discussion and share thoughts or experience, I will be grateful and happy. 

Parents
  • I look into a mirror to comb my hair but don’t really make eye contact with myself, I struggle to identify with myself, I’ve never really liked the person I see, as a child I was told off for not making eye contact, I was told on quite a few occasions by my father that people who don’t make eye contact are untrustworthy and shouldn’t be trusted. It turns out that autistic people are actually very trustworthy.

I watched an article on breakfast Tv a couple of weeks ago, the subject was about teachers having less actual teaching time per day, the pupils can do some coursework at home. The child expert argued that children go to school to be taught things like good behaviour and eye contact. Every time I think the world is making progress, someone does something ignorant to crush that thought.

• I look into a mirror to comb my hair but don’t really make eye contact with myself, I struggle to identify with myself, I’ve never really liked the person I see, as a child I was told off for not making eye contact, I was told on quite a few occasions by my father that people who don’t make eye contact are untrustworthy and shouldn’t be trusted. It turns out that autistic people are actually very trustworthy.

I watched an article on breakfast Tv a couple of weeks ago, the subject was about teachers having less actual teaching time per day, the pupils can do some coursework at home. The child expert argued that children go to school to be taught things like good behaviour and eye contact. Every time I think the world is making progress, someone does something ignorant to crush that thought.

Children
No Data