Apples are not bananas!

Tesco have substituted my bananas with apples! I eat a banana every day, but apples are nothing like bananas, they are crunchy not soft and I can't bite them so would have to use a knife which hurts my arthritis. While I could maybe have an apple instead on one day, I don't know what to do with 12 apples.

I assume they had no bananas not even organic ones. They do seem to have some supply issues, which is a problem. Maybe I shall have to add a comment about if they have to sub to pick a soft fruit.

Annoying!

At least they now have lebkuchen which are my fave treat and I wish they had all year not just at Christmas.

Parents
  • On a more serious note, it can be enormously frustrating. It's definitely a good idea to be as specific as possible in the sub notes (although, in my experience, Tesco sub notes are not aways read and/or respected).

Coincidentally, I've just contacted a different supermarket asking them to please stop sending non-vegan items as replacements for vegan ones. 

• Yes, I have found it odd to be offered a full fat version of a thing which was low fat, though I didn't mind as I had only gone for that as it was cheaper. I think they probably don't pay the pickers enough for them to waste too much time deciding what to pick as a sub. If it was me I'd dither about for half an hour second guessing myself!

• Yes, I have found it odd to be offered a full fat version of a thing which was low fat, though I didn't mind as I had only gone for that as it was cheaper. I think they probably don't pay the pickers enough for them to waste too much time deciding what to pick as a sub. If it was me I'd dither about for half an hour second guessing myself!

Children
No Data