Apples are not bananas!

Tesco have substituted my bananas with apples! I eat a banana every day, but apples are nothing like bananas, they are crunchy not soft and I can't bite them so would have to use a knife which hurts my arthritis. While I could maybe have an apple instead on one day, I don't know what to do with 12 apples.

I assume they had no bananas not even organic ones. They do seem to have some supply issues, which is a problem. Maybe I shall have to add a comment about if they have to sub to pick a soft fruit.

Annoying!

At least they now have lebkuchen which are my fave treat and I wish they had all year not just at Christmas.

• I like this because my wife gets bananas in the shop, and I get apples. Smiley (I do like bananas too, but she does not like apples. She's allistic)

• Yes, we could reject them, but my husband says he will eat them. More annoying to have no bananas though as they have good health effects which I will miss over a week and a half. I assume they had no bananas of any kind, but have no way to find out really. Not going into shops for covid reasons still.

Edit - I did leave on subs as they sometimes have to sub one kind of bananas for another!

• I don't use Tesco, but on my online shop I have to go through careful and tick which items allow substitutes or not.

Having said that, I would not have ticked bananas! I would have though they would swap them for organic bananas, not apples! I'm sure that you can get this money back by raising a support ticket or whatever.