The day the world was normal!

is today, I went out for a walk with Fearn, (my dog), came home, had a shower and then it started raining, thats the way the world is supposed to be, not some strange mash up of the other three

Parents
  • That sounds like a lovely day. Thank you for having shared this. 

I'm in Nevada where it's an unseasonably warm October. It's  already 97°F and the weather report says that by mid-day, it will be 109° F. That's 33°C and 42.7° respectively. Since I live in the Mojave Desert, we're having a drought which is nothing particularly new since deserts are expected to be dry. 

Last year on this date, the temperature where I live was 88°F (31.1°C).

On the brighter side, I have air-conditioning and because I have solar panels, I can turn the A/C as low as I want.  My monthly cost for electricity is $19.00 (£14.48). People who have similar size homes to mine and who don't have solar panels often have to pay as much as $300 (£228.63) per month for electricity. 

• Electricity sounds about the same price as here. I couldn't live where you do, I'm a pale northern flower and anything over 25.C makes me wilt and feel ill, I need wind and rain it's like balm for my soul.

• It wasn't my choice to live here but this is where my job as a Culianry Art teacher was. I bought a 1,750 square foot house (162.5 square meters) nearly nine years ago. Since I live in rural Nevada,I bought this home for 50% of what a similar sized home would have cost in Las Vegas. Unlike most other states, Nevada does not have a personal income tax, though I still have to file and pay a national income tax.

Although I would have liked to retire to the Pacific Northwest where there are stately forests and fields of brightly colored wild flowers, doing so would have cost too much. 

So long as I have air-conditioning, I'm happy. I spend most of my days indoors anyway. I don't know what I would do without A/C. Sadly there are poor people and homeless who don't have access to air-conditioning. I honestly don't know how they manage. They sweat throughout most of the year and freeze during winter. 

• It wasn't my choice to live here but this is where my job as a Culianry Art teacher was. I bought a 1,750 square foot house (162.5 square meters) nearly nine years ago. Since I live in rural Nevada,I bought this home for 50% of what a similar sized home would have cost in Las Vegas. Unlike most other states, Nevada does not have a personal income tax, though I still have to file and pay a national income tax.

Although I would have liked to retire to the Pacific Northwest where there are stately forests and fields of brightly colored wild flowers, doing so would have cost too much. 

So long as I have air-conditioning, I'm happy. I spend most of my days indoors anyway. I don't know what I would do without A/C. Sadly there are poor people and homeless who don't have access to air-conditioning. I honestly don't know how they manage. They sweat throughout most of the year and freeze during winter. 

Children
No Data