Any multilingual users?

I'm not multilingual myself. I wanted to study German in secondary school, but for some reason was forced into French instead. Found that a bit off-putting so I gave it the bare minimum effort. I tried learning Gaelic on DuoLingo for a few weeks, but I realised I'd been treating it like a memory game and wasn't actually understanding what I was learning. Which is part of why I ask the above question. Are there autists among us who have learned other languages? If so, how did you find your experience of learning a new language? Do you have any advice for autistic people in particular, looking to learn a new language?

Parents
  • Dia dhuit. Caidé atá tú? I know native Irish, English, and am currently learning French. I'd say learning languages is not too much different for neurotypicals and neurodivergents. I'd say main difference is finding an area with low stimulation to learn.

• Dia dhuit. Caidé atá tú? I know native Irish, English, and am currently learning French. I'd say learning languages is not too much different for neurotypicals and neurodivergents. I'd say main difference is finding an area with low stimulation to learn.

Children
No Data