Any multilingual users?

I'm not multilingual myself. I wanted to study German in secondary school, but for some reason was forced into French instead. Found that a bit off-putting so I gave it the bare minimum effort. I tried learning Gaelic on DuoLingo for a few weeks, but I realised I'd been treating it like a memory game and wasn't actually understanding what I was learning. Which is part of why I ask the above question. Are there autists among us who have learned other languages? If so, how did you find your experience of learning a new language? Do you have any advice for autistic people in particular, looking to learn a new language?

Parents
  • Sprechen etwas dutche 

I dont get on with apps although therws some good ds games for languages but I learn best using s phrase book and dictionary i went to get a German phrase book the other week at a charity shop but it was 2 for one pound with mo other books I wanted and it's that whole awkward you may as well buy another other wise we will still charge a pound well fine do that then bit they always insist you get  another vecuaw you mat as well 

But I learn and read better on paper than a screen too even though 8 have and will read ebooks(I have to use blue light shield festurs though) paper is easier on my brain if that makes sense

It's like when I game or watch tv on an led or oled I need to used warm settings crts are wat better because they give off a Warm light balance anyway 

Back to language I find english German and Chinese to be the ones I like to research the most and even though I'm a native english speaker a thesaurus opens up new ways to sys things 

• Sprechen etwas dutche 

I dont get on with apps although therws some good ds games for languages but I learn best using s phrase book and dictionary i went to get a German phrase book the other week at a charity shop but it was 2 for one pound with mo other books I wanted and it's that whole awkward you may as well buy another other wise we will still charge a pound well fine do that then bit they always insist you get  another vecuaw you mat as well 

But I learn and read better on paper than a screen too even though 8 have and will read ebooks(I have to use blue light shield festurs though) paper is easier on my brain if that makes sense

It's like when I game or watch tv on an led or oled I need to used warm settings crts are wat better because they give off a Warm light balance anyway 

Back to language I find english German and Chinese to be the ones I like to research the most and even though I'm a native english speaker a thesaurus opens up new ways to sys things 

Children
No Data