Recently diagnosed as an adult

I am 25 years old and was diagnosed on the 1st August 2024. I just received my draft report today and this website was recommended to me and it seems nice so far. So I guess this post is just to say hello! Some of my interests are birds, bees, photography, harry potter and gaming.

• I don't unfortunately but I do have a Switch and enjoy things like Mario Kart and the other Mario platformers!

• Welcome April

I hope you find this place helpful. There are many people with different interests and opinions but we are all here to help each other through good times and especially the bad.

• Welcome April :) 

I love birds and bees but know very little about them so far. Do you have favourite facts or species? I started an Interesting Facts thread on here recently, if you'd like to contribute it would be lovely to learn more. 

I hope you find support and community here, great to have another nature lover around (there are a few of us)

• Alas, many of us come to be diagnosed with adulthood. I'm soon to get my 47th opinion on the matter, but I'm starting to suspect these doctors are colluding with each other.

• I loved police simulator when I had my xbox series s I'll probably get it again once the ps5 drops in price 

Star dew valley is a good game but I prefer animal crossing i still need to get it on switch i loved the wii and ds games though 

• I'll list my top 10 and which console! These are NOT in a particular order.

1. The Walking Dead Telltale ( I like pretty much all of the telltale games, and I play these on PS5)
    2. Police Simulator ( PS5) 
    3. Animal Crossing (Switch)
    4. Stardew Valley (Switch, but I also have it for PC)
    5. The Last of Us I & II ( PS5)
    6. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS5)
    7. DayZ (PS5)
    8. I like horror games such as Madison and Layers of Fear ( Both PS5)
    9. The Life is Strange games (PS5)
    10. Hogwarts Legacy (PS5)

I have more games but if I listed all the ones I enjoyed I'd be here for a very long time haha! Do you play any of the ones I've listed?

• I have a PS5 and a switch.

I too like open world games and story games. I like some online games too. I'll list my top 10 and which console! These are NOT in a particular order.

1. The Walking Dead Telltale ( I like pretty much all of the telltale games, and I play these on PS5)
    2. Police Simulator ( PS5) 
    3. Animal Crossing (Switch)
    4. Stardew Valley (Switch, but I also have it for PC)
    5. The Last of Us I & II ( PS5)
    6. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS5)
    7. DayZ (PS5)
    8. I like horror games such as Madison and Layers of Fear ( Both PS5)
    9. The Life is Strange games (PS5)
    10. Hogwarts Legacy (PS5)

I have more games but if I listed all the ones I enjoyed I'd be here for a very long time haha! Do you play any of the ones I've listed?

• Hello april what kind of games do you like?

I have a ps2 a ps3 a wii s 3ds and a switch 

I really like open world games simulators dogs wrestling games and racing games right now 

• Photography is such a fun hobby but so expensive especially for me as I prefer film to digital insect digital overwhelms me as you can just have 1000s of pics a day 

I prefer to study my subject matter find the right angle etc 

Instead mini is my go to

• Welcome! What games do you like?

• Yeah I have the chance to correct any mistakes etc but I don't think that there are any, I also feel like I'm being treated like a human rather than some sort of alien.. I'm up for chatting about gaming if you ever feel up to it!

• Thank you, it's very validating to receive the diagnosis and to finally realise how much of my life is affected by my Autism. I'm glad I'm finding resources to help!

• Welcome to the community! Congratulations on getting the diagnosis! I hope you find support and like minded people here 

• Welcome, April! I had a draft report before the real one, and got to correct any mistakes and stuff. I felt like I was a human being in the process and not a lab rat.

I like gaming and there are other people with your other interests. I like Harry Potter, but more because of others in the family. I used to like photography but my eyes aren't what they used to be. 

Hope to see you around here!