Overcoming hoarding at home

• Seeking tips (hacks) and experiences of other asd adults - how have you managed to dispose of excess items at home, where the volume has become troublesome? I have started taking action and donated a few items but the process has stalled because I’m ambivalent about letting things go. Help please ! 
Parents
  • Just make sure to donate stuff if it's in the way and making it hard to store other stuff really and be ruthless

When you say hoarding though bear in mind hoarding is one or both of these criteria 

Your collections are messy and not stored neatly

You refuse to part with any item at all and give eeach item an attachment

So long as you can either not attach feelings to things or say ok this book reminds me of the day my friend did x y Z either meep thr memory or take a photo of said item and get rid of the item 

• Just make sure to donate stuff if it's in the way and making it hard to store other stuff really and be ruthless

When you say hoarding though bear in mind hoarding is one or both of these criteria 

Your collections are messy and not stored neatly

You refuse to part with any item at all and give eeach item an attachment

So long as you can either not attach feelings to things or say ok this book reminds me of the day my friend did x y Z either meep thr memory or take a photo of said item and get rid of the item 

Children
No Data