Facial Expressions - your experiences

I am in the middle of an Open Learn course (thanks Pixiefox for always posting about these. I would not have found this if not for your 3 good things)

It is about animal psychology. (These are quick courses - it's only a 12 hour course)

I was compelled to post one of the slides, because it was about human facial expressions. It reminded me of a test that we can do to test for autism (I have not as yet - it wasn't part of my own diagnosis.)

I didn't do too badly, but also had a laugh at what I put down.

Try to think about what your answers would be without being waylaid by my answers and the real answers. I would like to have split this picture and have some sort of reveal button. But that won't work here.

My answers:

Neurotypical approved answers Joy

I got the two basic ones right (happy/sad) but then didn't do as well as I thought I would. I still think I am right about my two types of anger Joy

Parents
  • 1. Watching someone about to slip on ice.

2. They don't slip on the ice.

3. They start to slip again.

4. Somebody catches them.

5. They both slip on the ice.

6. Ankles shouldn't bend like that.

• I like that reply, Oran - sounds like she's watching "you've been framed"!

So I'll try to translate your responses into emotions:

1. Amusement

2. Disappointment

3. Shock

4. Annoyance

5. Surprise

6. Revulsion

(P.S: I had to look some of these up, as I knew what I wanted to say to match your description, but I'm not very good at naming emotions.)

• I like that reply, Oran - sounds like she's watching "you've been framed"!

So I'll try to translate your responses into emotions:

1. Amusement

2. Disappointment

3. Shock

4. Annoyance

5. Surprise

6. Revulsion

(P.S: I had to look some of these up, as I knew what I wanted to say to match your description, but I'm not very good at naming emotions.)

Children