Any night owls around these days?

It's a question I asked a long time ago, but who knows how many new members have joined since then. I'm up all kinds of hourse due to sleep difficulties, so wondering who else might be around during the witching hours.

Parents
  • I always struggled to switch off at night and go to sleep, I almost fight to stay awake, but...

I've found coffee before bed knocks me out. Seems counterintuitive, but might be something to do with the "suspected" ADHD that was mentioned when I got my Autism diagnosis. I just put it down to PDA, obsessive focus and other stuff causing me to show similar symptoms to ADHD, like forgetting things, half finished tasks etc 

Having realised it seems to calm me I've played around with tea and coffee at different times. Tea seems to help focus but acts more like a stimulant, assumedly from the theanine and a low dose of caffeine together, sleeping isn't as easy if I have tea in the evening. where as coffee calms my racing brain and makes me slightly "dopey"  , I assume that's the caffeine.

Makes me wonder if I might have ADHD too, given they say stimulants are a treatment for it and I find they do help me focus a while heap more.

• I always struggled to switch off at night and go to sleep, I almost fight to stay awake, but...

I've found coffee before bed knocks me out. Seems counterintuitive, but might be something to do with the "suspected" ADHD that was mentioned when I got my Autism diagnosis. I just put it down to PDA, obsessive focus and other stuff causing me to show similar symptoms to ADHD, like forgetting things, half finished tasks etc 

Having realised it seems to calm me I've played around with tea and coffee at different times. Tea seems to help focus but acts more like a stimulant, assumedly from the theanine and a low dose of caffeine together, sleeping isn't as easy if I have tea in the evening. where as coffee calms my racing brain and makes me slightly "dopey"  , I assume that's the caffeine.

Makes me wonder if I might have ADHD too, given they say stimulants are a treatment for it and I find they do help me focus a while heap more.

Children