Channel 5's 50 Greatest Kids' Shows

Back when I was a teen, Channel 5 aired a special programme about the 50 Greatest Kids' Shows in Britain, as voted by viewers. But there may be people out there who recognise each entry as their own personal favourite. So, which of the entries in the programme is your favourite? Is it either:

Blue Peter

Tiswas

Bagpuss

Thunderbirds

SM:TV Live

Rainbow

Horrible Histories

Danger Mouse

Play School

Rentaghost

Grange Hill

Mr Benn

Vision On

The Story Of Tracy Beaker

Something Special

Clangers

Going Live

Crackerjack

Trumpton

How

Pipkins

Teletubbies

Captain Pugwash

The Magic Roundabout

Roobarb

Press Gang

Jackanory

EBC1

Chorlton & The Wheelies

Newsround

Metal Mickey

Byker Grove

Thomas & Friends

Basil Brush

In The Night Garden

The Wombles

Tweenies

Mary Mungo & Midge

Swap Shop

Record Breakers

Sooty

Magpie

Why Don't You....

Bob The Builder

Watch With Mother

Think Of A Number

Fingerbobs

Postman Pat

Worzel Gummidge

My favourites are Teletubbies, Chorlton and of course Thunderbirds! What's your's?

Parents
  • I didn’t go out in school holidays, TV was my constant companion, I watched all of these programs, many of them before Channel Five existed.  My earliest fav programs were The Double Deckers, Pipkins, Mr, Ben and Why don’t you? 
    Im trying to resist posting more as this area is a definite special interest. The creations of Oliver Postgate are an interest just on their own.

• Post to your heart's content! I remember all those that you and TheCatWoman have posted.

Mary Mongo and Midge

Crystal Tips and Allister

Hector's House

(I've not sure of the spelling!)

• Casey Jones was another great program. The Adventure Game and Crystal Maze were never to be missed. Tiswas really changed Saturday mornings along with the adult version OTT.

The shop window used in Bagpuss is one of the rear windows in Postgates house.

I always found this man a bit strange.

• I remember Happy Days from when I was a teenager, I always cringed then, I think I only kept watching it because that's what everybody else did. I never liked Sesame Street or the Muppets, they both freaked me out.

I liked Vision on too.

I remember horrible sundays with nothing to do, nothing open, the rush to the chippy when it finally opened at 7pm and we could chips and curry sauce to break the monotony. Theres still some indigestible about sunday afternoons, the smell of roast dinners still gives me a chumbly belly.

• I remember Happy Days from when I was a teenager, I always cringed then, I think I only kept watching it because that's what everybody else did. I never liked Sesame Street or the Muppets, they both freaked me out.

I liked Vision on too.

I remember horrible sundays with nothing to do, nothing open, the rush to the chippy when it finally opened at 7pm and we could chips and curry sauce to break the monotony. Theres still some indigestible about sunday afternoons, the smell of roast dinners still gives me a chumbly belly.

Children
No Data