Soft

I was always told I was soft as a kid. Obviously I was autistic as a kid as I am now. But kids would say oh he’s soft. Is this the reason why autistic men don’t have much success with women? Because they are soft and cry a lot and get upset? Does a woman truly look for a ‘hard’ man? I would say yes. Women have sometimes thought of me as gay because I would speak with a soft voice in the past. I’m afraid in my experience women don’t like the soft and impotent type. So I stopped being soft and impotent. Being soft didn’t get me anywhere as a boy. Now I am hard. I never cry especially not in front of women. Anytime I have cried in front of a woman they rolled their eyes etc. I now get it! It’s because a woman doesn’t want a weak and feeble man who cries when he doesn’t get his way. I have learned this. This is okay! I now understand that I am a man and I have to be hard like a man and not cry. Supposedly society is more accepting of men crying and being emotional but this is BS. Genuinely I have cried and got no sympathy from men and women. That’s when I learned that men can’t cry because it’s a sign of weakness. I am not weak. I don’t cry when I can’t get what I want. I try harder to get the things I want. I may have been the soft kid at school that everyone picked on but now I am a hard man and I get the things I want because I earn them. I learned that as a man I have to be hard and assert my dominance and male spirit to achieve what I want. I never drink alcohol because I am above alcohol. I don’t need alcohol to be myself I can be myself without alcohol. I speak with a hard man’s voice instead of a soft and gentle voice. I assert my positive intentions on the world and I build things. I may have been weak and feeble at one point but now I am strong and potent. I am a maverick among the many. Thanks to Vitamin B6 I have been granted ultimate powers. 

Parents
  • This is just my personal perspective. I feel that you've articulated some very questionable conclusions about how you "need to be", based on over-generalisation about how others perceive men who are evidently in touch with their sensitive sides.

Your conclusion seems to be based on masking, which - whether we recognise it or not at the time - comes at a cost.

More info: NAS - The impact of masking

• I thnk he articulated some very fundamental and often overlooked truths about what it is to be a possessor of a functioning Y chromosome.

Sometimes the traits he illustrates lead to great sucess in life, sometimes to misery and failure.

Apparently that depends on the character of the man, although fortune also seems to play a part...

*Edit* I Googled Vitamin B6 and it didn't immediately show that it confers great powers, but I'm probably going to try some..

*Edit some more* Catwoman might have nailed it there, Vitamin B12 does have that sort of effect. (It stops me falling asleep watching T.V.!) 

• I thnk he articulated some very fundamental and often overlooked truths about what it is to be a possessor of a functioning Y chromosome.

Sometimes the traits he illustrates lead to great sucess in life, sometimes to misery and failure.

Apparently that depends on the character of the man, although fortune also seems to play a part...

*Edit* I Googled Vitamin B6 and it didn't immediately show that it confers great powers, but I'm probably going to try some..

*Edit some more* Catwoman might have nailed it there, Vitamin B12 does have that sort of effect. (It stops me falling asleep watching T.V.!) 

Children