What does the community mean to you?

Hi all,

You're probably aware that our online community is funded by charitable donations. To raise money for our services, such as our online community, it's helpful to let people know the difference a service can make. 

If you've got a few minutes, it'd be really helpful if you could let us know what our community means to you. We'll be using the responses here as part of future fundraising appeals, but it'll be anonymous. If you do comment here, I'll take it that you're happy for us to use your responses. Alternatively you can let us know by email  - mystory@nas.org.uk

Some news
-We're evaluating private messaging at the moment to see if it's feasible. I'm very much up for having this functionality, but there's a few hurdles. 
-We're in the process of training new moderators, which should help with the spam/research posts. 

Parents
  • The community is a great addition to the NAS site.

When I first heard it was starting I checked the website every day to see if it had begun yet. I was so excited to be able to connect with other people on the spectrum.

It is absolutely incredible to be able to share experiences, and see that my own experiences are not unusual, to get ideas and to broaden my interest in all things Aspie. 

I would really miss the community if it wasn't here, especially as I live in rural Scotland and there is no opportunity to have the types of discussion, or sharing of information with other autistic people, or their parents and partners.

It would be even better if any professionals dealing with people with autism used the community so they could better understand us.

I hope the community goes on and on!!

• The community is a great addition to the NAS site.

When I first heard it was starting I checked the website every day to see if it had begun yet. I was so excited to be able to connect with other people on the spectrum.

It is absolutely incredible to be able to share experiences, and see that my own experiences are not unusual, to get ideas and to broaden my interest in all things Aspie. 

I would really miss the community if it wasn't here, especially as I live in rural Scotland and there is no opportunity to have the types of discussion, or sharing of information with other autistic people, or their parents and partners.

It would be even better if any professionals dealing with people with autism used the community so they could better understand us.

I hope the community goes on and on!!

Children
No Data