What does the community mean to you?

Hi all,

You're probably aware that our online community is funded by charitable donations. To raise money for our services, such as our online community, it's helpful to let people know the difference a service can make. 

If you've got a few minutes, it'd be really helpful if you could let us know what our community means to you. We'll be using the responses here as part of future fundraising appeals, but it'll be anonymous. If you do comment here, I'll take it that you're happy for us to use your responses. Alternatively you can let us know by email  - mystory@nas.org.uk

Some news
-We're evaluating private messaging at the moment to see if it's feasible. I'm very much up for having this functionality, but there's a few hurdles. 
-We're in the process of training new moderators, which should help with the spam/research posts. 

Parents
  • I check out the forum every day because it is interesting to read about other people's experiences. It can feel very lonely having Asperger's, and I don't have any friends in real life. Corresponding on the forum with people who have had similar experiences to me is liberating, and brings meaning to my life. When I am feeling anxious or stressed, the forum helps me take my mind off these negative thoughts because I somehow feel less alone, despite not physically being in the same room as the other members. In fact, I can feel more alone when I am actually with people in person!

I am in my own space, my bedroom, with the door shut, yet I am engaging socially with other forum members in a safe place. I enjoy getting involved in debates and discussions, and learning about different perspectives.

I would be very sad if the forum stopped running. It has made my life so much more enjoyable.

• I check out the forum every day because it is interesting to read about other people's experiences. It can feel very lonely having Asperger's, and I don't have any friends in real life. Corresponding on the forum with people who have had similar experiences to me is liberating, and brings meaning to my life. When I am feeling anxious or stressed, the forum helps me take my mind off these negative thoughts because I somehow feel less alone, despite not physically being in the same room as the other members. In fact, I can feel more alone when I am actually with people in person!

I am in my own space, my bedroom, with the door shut, yet I am engaging socially with other forum members in a safe place. I enjoy getting involved in debates and discussions, and learning about different perspectives.

I would be very sad if the forum stopped running. It has made my life so much more enjoyable.

Children
No Data