This Country is too sttessful

All I have to do, to occupy my time, fries my brain.

I would like to move to Italy; slower lifestyle, cleaner air, healthier food.

I need to pursue a vision.

Parents
  • Hey Desmond i share your frustration.is there anywhere in the UK that is peaceful I hate my area as I feel unwelcome .

i personally have the view london and the south east is more tolerant .i wish I was there

• Maybe London but I have found the South East in general to be quite intolerant. As far as whether there is anywhere quiet in the UK, I wondered that all my life living in busy towns. Fortunately a few years ago I moved to a sleepy country village where it is lovely and quiet and helps my autism greatly so I would say yes, there are quiet places but you have to look hard for them

• Hi billy I agree re london I found the south east ok when I lived there .I am now in Devon and it is not very nice

• Hi yes I left the south east and it is better now then when I left.The councils in my area just waste money and I can tell which way they are inclined politically.

They have no tolerance to people like me

• Maybe its because the south east is better resourced than the rest of the country? Councils near London get a premium to off set the costs of being so close, Berkshire gets it, but Wiltshire dosen't, I think the south west is as underfunded as the north. But I would ask is the south east the same place that you left? Has it too changed in the years you've been away?

• Hi I know what you mean about Reading I used to live near there then moved further east towards London.

I am at a crossroads but I definitely no longer like Devon as a place to live as I have had such negative experiences with some people plus the public bodies I never got this in the South East 

• Originally I'm from Reading, but I really dislike the place, when I lived there it was really violent, there were some good people, but then they all moved. I'm happier in the countryside, but not any old countryside, I have a connection to the north and west coasts that seems more spiritual than anything else, I don't feel at home in the south or east. I like living on an island between the mountains and the sea, but I'd like to move away from the village where I am now, because it's too busy. it's got a lot worse since covid and people holidaying in Britain, what used to be exceptional traffic, bank holidays and easter has become normal and I want to be away from so many people.

• Hi I live near Exeter.I moved down here 12 years ago for a lifestyle change that worked out well!

Re London yes it can be busy and overwhelming but I have pockets I love and know and I am always accepted up there similarly in the home counties I have a much better experience.I love the sea that is what drew me to Devon.with hindsight I should have kept my South east property and then when ready just bought a small flat or cottage in Devon.

When my nightmare I am going through is over I intend to leave Devon as I am sorry to say there are too many people that do not welcome me and my ways.

What part of the country are you from?

By the way I have bought three new wonderful cats since being down here so I must remember that

• What part of Devon are you? I'd hate to live in London or any other city for that matter, to busy and overwhelmingly loud, far, far to many people.

Reply Children
  • Hi yes I left the south east and it is better now then when I left.The councils in my area just waste money and I can tell which way they are inclined politically.

They have no tolerance to people like me

• Maybe its because the south east is better resourced than the rest of the country? Councils near London get a premium to off set the costs of being so close, Berkshire gets it, but Wiltshire dosen't, I think the south west is as underfunded as the north. But I would ask is the south east the same place that you left? Has it too changed in the years you've been away?

• Hi I know what you mean about Reading I used to live near there then moved further east towards London.

I am at a crossroads but I definitely no longer like Devon as a place to live as I have had such negative experiences with some people plus the public bodies I never got this in the South East 

• Originally I'm from Reading, but I really dislike the place, when I lived there it was really violent, there were some good people, but then they all moved. I'm happier in the countryside, but not any old countryside, I have a connection to the north and west coasts that seems more spiritual than anything else, I don't feel at home in the south or east. I like living on an island between the mountains and the sea, but I'd like to move away from the village where I am now, because it's too busy. it's got a lot worse since covid and people holidaying in Britain, what used to be exceptional traffic, bank holidays and easter has become normal and I want to be away from so many people.

• Hi I live near Exeter.I moved down here 12 years ago for a lifestyle change that worked out well!

Re London yes it can be busy and overwhelming but I have pockets I love and know and I am always accepted up there similarly in the home counties I have a much better experience.I love the sea that is what drew me to Devon.with hindsight I should have kept my South east property and then when ready just bought a small flat or cottage in Devon.

When my nightmare I am going through is over I intend to leave Devon as I am sorry to say there are too many people that do not welcome me and my ways.

What part of the country are you from?

By the way I have bought three new wonderful cats since being down here so I must remember that