Are you all supremely confident that you're intelligent

Or are you like me? Expecting at any moment to be outed as an intellectual fraud. It's an area of high,possibly pathological,insecurity for me. I think it connects to the bullying related trauma. Being treated as a lesser person by my school age contemporaries, especially as a teenager.

Parents
No Data
  • if i were to have a proffesion id do it perfectly like second nature and wouldnt *** it up and wouldnt be confused, id learn it to be able to do it easy with my eyes closed, id create muscle and brain memory of doing it that i could do it unconscious.

So you could never have a bad day, get distracted, have a hiccup, be tired or be human (as in "to err is human")?

Enduring perfection does not exist due to the nature of entropy so I would not believe you could do it perfectly every time.

The best anyone could ever be is very good at it, consistently. There are variables you cannot predict (the patient may have complications, your body may not be working the way you need on the day etc) so no matter how good you want to be, the outcome is not consistently predictable.

These are the lessons I have learned from 32 years working in the same field, honing my skills and teaching / leading others.

Children