Are you all supremely confident that you're intelligent

Or are you like me? Expecting at any moment to be outed as an intellectual fraud. It's an area of high,possibly pathological,insecurity for me. I think it connects to the bullying related trauma. Being treated as a lesser person by my school age contemporaries, especially as a teenager.

Parents
  • I acted like a jerk once, and I still find it funny to recollect, 40 years later... 

So I'm riidng dwn the A34 n my Honda Rs250 with eth antisocial exhaust pipe, and there's a Mini Metro in front of me with a MENSA sign in the rear window. I give him a flash of the (super good on those bikes, they were known for it) headlight.

Followed by some pull over gesticulations, in full knowledge of just how bloody difficult that is to accomplish there in the main arterial road comering out of Birmingham, but he's a MENSA menber and manages the task well enough. 

I ride up, he winds down the window I aks him straight: "MENSA, that's the really intelligent people isn't it?"

"Yes," he says. 

SO (just befre riding off, cackling like a loon) I ask him; "So how come you drive such a S*** car then?" 

• I acted like a jerk once, and I still find it funny to recollect, 40 years later... 

So I'm riidng dwn the A34 n my Honda Rs250 with eth antisocial exhaust pipe, and there's a Mini Metro in front of me with a MENSA sign in the rear window. I give him a flash of the (super good on those bikes, they were known for it) headlight.

Followed by some pull over gesticulations, in full knowledge of just how bloody difficult that is to accomplish there in the main arterial road comering out of Birmingham, but he's a MENSA menber and manages the task well enough. 

I ride up, he winds down the window I aks him straight: "MENSA, that's the really intelligent people isn't it?"

"Yes," he says. 

SO (just befre riding off, cackling like a loon) I ask him; "So how come you drive such a S*** car then?" 

Children