Are you all supremely confident that you're intelligent

Or are you like me? Expecting at any moment to be outed as an intellectual fraud. It's an area of high,possibly pathological,insecurity for me. I think it connects to the bullying related trauma. Being treated as a lesser person by my school age contemporaries, especially as a teenager.

Parents
  • I'm not sure where I rank in terms of my IQ, but I consider myself to be of average intelligence. When I was in my late teens, I purchased a 'Test your IQ' book. The fact that I have long-since forgotten my IQ score is perhaps proof that I didn't consider it to be of major importance to me.

To quote the lyrics of a Shania Twain song, it don't impress me much when I hear people saying they have a high IQ. Maybe they do have a high IQ, but I'm more interested in their personality and what they are like as people.

• I'm not sure where I rank in terms of my IQ, but I consider myself to be of average intelligence. When I was in my late teens, I purchased a 'Test your IQ' book. The fact that I have long-since forgotten my IQ score is perhaps proof that I didn't consider it to be of major importance to me.

To quote the lyrics of a Shania Twain song, it don't impress me much when I hear people saying they have a high IQ. Maybe they do have a high IQ, but I'm more interested in their personality and what they are like as people.

Children
No Data