Are you all supremely confident that you're intelligent

Or are you like me? Expecting at any moment to be outed as an intellectual fraud. It's an area of high,possibly pathological,insecurity for me. I think it connects to the bullying related trauma. Being treated as a lesser person by my school age contemporaries, especially as a teenager.

Parents
  • Intellect is overrated. 

the only thing that matters (in my opinion) is the capacity for Growth: openness to reasoning, a desire to understand, and a healthy relationship with doubt (scepticism or whatever you’d like to call it- a thing which allows us to have a little laugh at our control issues, admit when we’re wrong and interrogate our own bias)

• .........I agree with your opinions....but would add that, in my opinion, the most valuable asset that we can all strive for, irrespective of all other matters, is to try and feel contented and happy with our lot, in the moment.  Achieve that, and EVERYTHING is golden!

• .........I agree with your opinions....but would add that, in my opinion, the most valuable asset that we can all strive for, irrespective of all other matters, is to try and feel contented and happy with our lot, in the moment.  Achieve that, and EVERYTHING is golden!

Children