Are you all supremely confident that you're intelligent

Or are you like me? Expecting at any moment to be outed as an intellectual fraud. It's an area of high,possibly pathological,insecurity for me. I think it connects to the bullying related trauma. Being treated as a lesser person by my school age contemporaries, especially as a teenager.

Parents
  • Well, yes. I can consistently get well above average in any decent (not Facebook Slight smile clickbait) intelligence test. Emotionally Intelligent - probably not. Street smarts = probably not. My intelligence is one of the few things that I can be totally confident about.

It is obvious from reading your posts - whether I agree with you or not - whether I'm like you or not - that you are an intelligent person. I don't think this is a good use of your resources to get worried about. I don't think anyone can take this away from you.

• Street smarts= definitely not.  Emotionally intelligent = same as you.  I've done tons of tests, some better than others. It's like there's a gremlin in my head  repeatedly saying 'need more proof. You got lucky on that one.'

• It's not that important. I want to come back as a well loved dog and the brightest of them are as intelligent as an average human 3 year old.

It has become an obsession with you. Easier said than done, but I suggest you move on. You are already exactly as intelligent as you are. New evidence is not going to make you any thicker or brighter.

• It's not that important. I want to come back as a well loved dog and the brightest of them are as intelligent as an average human 3 year old.

It has become an obsession with you. Easier said than done, but I suggest you move on. You are already exactly as intelligent as you are. New evidence is not going to make you any thicker or brighter.

Children