How real is reality?

You probably see the world around you in 3 dimensions - up/down, side/other side and back/front. Time is the 4th dimension as objects move in 3 dimensions.

That all seems pretty solid and, well, real - right?

Well not quite - it seems we can only perceive four when in fact there are believed to be 10.

https://phys.org/news/2014-12-universe-dimensions.html

Once you start to read into the string theory behind this you start to realise the universe is so much more complex then we understand and our reality is just a tiny piece of it.

If that doesn't bake your noodle then I don't know what will.

All that stuff about parallel universes etc has some basis in fact after all.

The next thing you know there will be proof that time is non linear and our perception of it is all that is making it so.

What, you didn't know....?

Parents
  • I would not surprised if I was living in a simulation since 2015. The worlds seems to be going crazy.

I once heard Brian Cox explain that we are always traveling at the speed of light. If we are standing still, then we are moving through time at the speed of light. If we move though space at the speed of light, then we are not moving through time. Every other speed is somewhere in between. The maths for this is beyond me, but he was pretty convincing at the time.

• I would not surprised if I was living in a simulation since 2015. The worlds seems to be going crazy.

I once heard Brian Cox explain that we are always traveling at the speed of light. If we are standing still, then we are moving through time at the speed of light. If we move though space at the speed of light, then we are not moving through time. Every other speed is somewhere in between. The maths for this is beyond me, but he was pretty convincing at the time.

Children
No Data