Skating

Does anyone else enjoy skating. I have started going to a quad roller skating group (discos!). I also now go to an in-line skating group which goes out into the parks in the better weather. I've always enjoyed ice skating although don't go that often as I could never find skates that didn't hurt my feet.

I find skating wonderful exercise and it is especially good for developing the 'core muscles' in the stomach area as well as strengthening the legs and improving the balance.

I have not been to any classes but in typical Autie or Aspie fashion I can learn by teaching myself and can now skate backwards.

Parents
  • Hi all, I am just launching a quad roller skate business.  Our centre has approached us to deliver sessions that are sensory friendly. I’m based in Bham [removed by Moderator]. All feedback, comments and support would be great. Thanks x 

We love the idea that we could offer extra sessions to include everyone who loves to skate x 

• Edited by Anna Mod due to breaking rule 7 of the online community:

7. Recommendations are welcome. If you’ve found a service, book, helpline, or product helpful, feel free to share. If you are using an affiliate link, please advise of this in your post or comment. We do not allow users to register an account with us primarily to advertise, or sell, products and services.

For the full rules, please refer to: https://community.autism.org.uk/p/rules 

No further action will be taken at this time.

• Edited by Anna Mod due to breaking rule 7 of the online community:

7. Recommendations are welcome. If you’ve found a service, book, helpline, or product helpful, feel free to share. If you are using an affiliate link, please advise of this in your post or comment. We do not allow users to register an account with us primarily to advertise, or sell, products and services.

For the full rules, please refer to: https://community.autism.org.uk/p/rules 

No further action will be taken at this time.

Children
No Data