I’m too nervous to approach GP that i think there’s more to my ASD diagnosis

Hi I was recently diagnosed with ASD (14days) but the entire time ive always felt like there is more  signs personally for me points to ADHD I‘m not definite yet
during the assessment I felt like I wasn’t asked follow up questions to express my feelings of there being more and I was to shy to say anything.
I haven’t received my report yet so there could be a chance that my report touches on things.

I’m very nervous to go to my GP and say I have more problems after this long process of getting my ASD diagnosis.

A few reasons that makes me think there’s something more:

binge eating to the point I throw up or I go to bed wake up from sleep and throw up.

I’m almost getting run over when I cross the road or when there’s a crossing with an island in the middle I get to the middle island and i forget I’m meant to cross and I start pressing the traffic button and on this particular scenario a man literally had to tap me and tell me I could cross and I was so embarrassed which is why I remember.

Forgetting to turn off the stove or forgetting to turn it on and half an hour goes by and what I’m cooking isn’t even cooking. I’ve always been forgetful and before it was silly but now imo it started getting dangerous during winter where I left the heating on for 8 hour. Or leaving the stove on for hours.  I’m always breaking everything, I got 3 new pairs of glasses in February and my old one makes 4 pairs and out of 4 I’ve broken 3 and misplaced one. I broke the third one this morning. 

I naturally sometimes find it hard to know what my body is telling me I.e. hunger, needing the toilet. And when I need to pee, for example I don’t notice until I get a stinging sharp feeling. But there are times when I notice the sting but i just can’t be bothered and ignore it until someone calls me or disturbs me.

I can’t for the life of me do the things I need or sometimes want to or remember anything unless it’s for someone else or it involves someone else.  I have 7 exams and a dissertation all at the end of august and I haven’t started revising. But a friend came to me for help her with her revision for her exam (masters), I don’t do that subject but I helped, created an essay structure for her for each topic and even sited relevant sources and even on the day of her exam (it was online) I proof read all her answers and suggested improvements this was on the same day I had my second ASD appointment and I’m here unable to make a start on anything I need. 

I’m spending unnecessary amounts of money, I’ve bought a skateboard (I don’t skate), I bought an industry standard microphone (I don’t even have the stand anymore) I bought an Epson stylus r1800 they no longer even manufacture anymore and a silhouette because I wanted to make my own stickers (it’s all dusty) And even getting a whole new console for a game I already own on 3 other platforms.

I’m alway anxious ALWAYS i constantly feel like impending doom is  it’s why 
Is this a cause for concern for further investigation or I’m I just overthinking things 

Parents
  • Hi, I am going through an ASD assessment currently and had my screening today. During the screening she said she wanted to screen.me.for ADHD too. 

I am.beyound devastated. I wish there were words to describe it! But anyway you have described me to a tee there. It's quite possible you have both. 

I would go to the GP and tell them. There's no harm in screening for it if that's what you feel you need. By the sounds of it it will forever play on your mind until you know for sure. Go to the doctor, tell them this is really niggling you and that you won't be able to process everything until you have this answered too. If there's more of the picture you need to see to help understand yourself then you need to see it. 

A lot of the symptoms you described are ADHD but they're also ASD and GAD. 

Good luck X

• Hi, I am going through an ASD assessment currently and had my screening today. During the screening she said she wanted to screen.me.for ADHD too. 

I am.beyound devastated. I wish there were words to describe it! But anyway you have described me to a tee there. It's quite possible you have both. 

I would go to the GP and tell them. There's no harm in screening for it if that's what you feel you need. By the sounds of it it will forever play on your mind until you know for sure. Go to the doctor, tell them this is really niggling you and that you won't be able to process everything until you have this answered too. If there's more of the picture you need to see to help understand yourself then you need to see it. 

A lot of the symptoms you described are ADHD but they're also ASD and GAD. 

Good luck X

Children
No Data