New to NAS forums and my first posted question was flagged for spam/abuse almost immediately. Does anyone have experience of this happening?

Hey all,

I joined the NAS forums very recently and have been chatting with a few people across a couple of different forum threads. Earlier today I finally decided to post my first question in search of advice, as I've been encountering some difficulties enjoying one of my hobbies due to anxiety. I will admit that the question was quite long, but I was a bit taken aback to see that the question was almost immediately flagged as Spam/Abuse. I will say that I did try to edit the post as I thought I had made the text too large, so perhaps there is a possibility I accidentally posted it twice, but I don't know how likely that is. I made sure to submit an appeal as soon as I saw it.

Has anyone else had any issues with this? I am a little worried I may have done something wrong as, again, this was my first question posted on the forum!

Any info would be much appreciated Slight smile

Parents
  • This is a known forum fault and it's longstanding.

No-one has reported you.

It's because the spam filter (Akismet) over compensates.

It happens frequently but when it picks on me I can no longer post until the mods approve it and I have to use a second ID.

We have a new forum being created at the moment and then everything will be Hunky Dory (theoretically).

Welcome Blush

• Do you know what platform will be used for the new forum? 

Reply Children