Why are some people so horrible?

I saw in my city news letter today that a man had been jailed after torturing his dog.

Like why? What the hell would possess someone to do that?

A few years ago my sister was injured in a terrorist attack when she went to see that Ariana Grande concert.

I don't know why people are so evil. Whenever I see the news it's always depressing. I'm sure there's more good people in the world than bad but it's easy to forget that. 

Parents
  • People who do these things are deeply damaged and disturbed. They are suffering and they don’t know how to understand or deal with their suffering so they inflict suffering on others. Virtually human beings sometimes inflict their own suffering on others to a greater or lesser extent. Eg a man is worried that he can’t pay his rent so he shouts at his kids when they’re getting ready for school. It’s all a matter of degrees. In an ideal world everyone would grow up in a loving, kind family and a loving, safe society with no pain or illness etc and everyone would be happy. But life does inevitably involve some suffering and how people respond to that can be dysfunctional and even destructive. However the majority of people manage to still be (on the whole) fairly loving and decent. 
    It’s natural to feel overwhelmed by these grim news stories - and to worry about the state of the world. But for every story of cruelty there are many stories of goodness too - and it’s important to have a ‘balanced diet’ when it comes to what we absorb from the media and the world around us. There ARE lots of wonderful, kind, loving and caring people in this world :) 

• People who do these things are deeply damaged and disturbed. They are suffering and they don’t know how to understand or deal with their suffering so they inflict suffering on others. Virtually human beings sometimes inflict their own suffering on others to a greater or lesser extent. Eg a man is worried that he can’t pay his rent so he shouts at his kids when they’re getting ready for school. It’s all a matter of degrees. In an ideal world everyone would grow up in a loving, kind family and a loving, safe society with no pain or illness etc and everyone would be happy. But life does inevitably involve some suffering and how people respond to that can be dysfunctional and even destructive. However the majority of people manage to still be (on the whole) fairly loving and decent. 
    It’s natural to feel overwhelmed by these grim news stories - and to worry about the state of the world. But for every story of cruelty there are many stories of goodness too - and it’s important to have a ‘balanced diet’ when it comes to what we absorb from the media and the world around us. There ARE lots of wonderful, kind, loving and caring people in this world :) 

Children
No Data