Clarification on the purpose of these forums.

Could anybody educate me as to what these forums are actually for? Thinking 

It's clear that what I thought the overall purpose was, and the reality wildly differ. 

Many thanks 

Parents
  • Hi, it’s hard to say, in my opinion it’s for:

- communication between autistic people and others related to them (family, caregivers, spouses etc.) 

- exchange of our experience and knowledge about the topic autism, neurodiversity or other topics of our interests 

- asking questions and giving answers, advice 

- for entertainment and relax (there are discussions for memes or sharing results of our creativity) 

- for finding friends (maybe not always successful but there are some people who like exchanging private messages) 

Other reasons? I might have missed something 

for me this forum is a very important place, because here I found people who’s experience I relate to a lot and I actually found out I’m not alone. I’m not the only weirdo in this world doing weird things (stimming), I’m not the only clumsy one, suffering in noise and not being able to follow group chit-chat. This is very important for me and my self esteem. 

• Hi, it’s hard to say, in my opinion it’s for:

- communication between autistic people and others related to them (family, caregivers, spouses etc.) 

- exchange of our experience and knowledge about the topic autism, neurodiversity or other topics of our interests 

- asking questions and giving answers, advice 

- for entertainment and relax (there are discussions for memes or sharing results of our creativity) 

- for finding friends (maybe not always successful but there are some people who like exchanging private messages) 

Other reasons? I might have missed something 

for me this forum is a very important place, because here I found people who’s experience I relate to a lot and I actually found out I’m not alone. I’m not the only weirdo in this world doing weird things (stimming), I’m not the only clumsy one, suffering in noise and not being able to follow group chit-chat. This is very important for me and my self esteem. 

Children