What do 2 and 7 have in common?

I have read this evening that this (question in heading) is sometimes used as a screening question as autistic people tend to have a different interpretation to neurotypical people. Just wondering what people's answers would be and whether you're autistic or not. I and my friend both are and we both gave the answer usually given by autistic people. 

Also, if anybody knows of any other similar questions or tests, or places where I can look for them, please let me know. I am utterly fascinated!

Parents
  • Can you put me out of my misery and explain what the answers are and why, this is really bugging me now?

• I hear you!

I cannot believe that my single character answer, languishing at the bottom of this thread, is anything other than an unarguably correct response.......I'm beginning to feel like perhaps I offered the "normie" answer?!......angst is setting in !!

• Apparently, autistic people are much more likely to say that they look similar due to the direction of the curve. Neurotypical people tend to say that they are both numbers. Based on what I've seen so far, it's not very accurate!

• Well, irrespective of autism or ND of any kind.......my logic tells me that "What do 2 and 7 have in common?" = 5.

At the risk of over-splaining (I blame my moniker)......2 + 5 = 7 and 7 - 5 = 2.

Simples.......but perhaps two flipping simples ?!

And thank you GI for explaining.  It is appreciated.

• Well, irrespective of autism or ND of any kind.......my logic tells me that "What do 2 and 7 have in common?" = 5.

At the risk of over-splaining (I blame my moniker)......2 + 5 = 7 and 7 - 5 = 2.

Simples.......but perhaps two flipping simples ?!

And thank you GI for explaining.  It is appreciated.

Children
No Data