What's your communication style?

For me I have found that I am much more talkative over text, in person or on calls I struggle with thinking of what to say and saying it. In person I only really talk if I get asked questions, whereas over text I can respond much more easily. It's not perfect as sometimes I don't respond to texts due to not knowing how or the "best" way, but it's a lot easier than communicating verbally.

I wondered how many other people preferred written over verbal communication and vice versa. 

Parents
  • I like written communication too, I've got more time to articulate my thoughts and can edit, otherwise if I speak out loud I feel like I could ramble and backtrack too much to make sure I'm understood correctly.

I do like talking to people I know too, I've learned one on one is best, maybe with 2 people. But once a group is 3 or more I feel lost, I'm concentrating too much on what's being said and cannot find an opening to speak myself, I'm lost in the group dynamics.

I hate phone calls, especially if I have to call for something like appointments or call centres, I would happily put those off forever!

• I like written communication too, I've got more time to articulate my thoughts and can edit, otherwise if I speak out loud I feel like I could ramble and backtrack too much to make sure I'm understood correctly.

I do like talking to people I know too, I've learned one on one is best, maybe with 2 people. But once a group is 3 or more I feel lost, I'm concentrating too much on what's being said and cannot find an opening to speak myself, I'm lost in the group dynamics.

I hate phone calls, especially if I have to call for something like appointments or call centres, I would happily put those off forever!

Children
No Data