What's your communication style?

For me I have found that I am much more talkative over text, in person or on calls I struggle with thinking of what to say and saying it. In person I only really talk if I get asked questions, whereas over text I can respond much more easily. It's not perfect as sometimes I don't respond to texts due to not knowing how or the "best" way, but it's a lot easier than communicating verbally.

I wondered how many other people preferred written over verbal communication and vice versa. 

Parents
  • My preferred communication style seems to depend very much upon who I am communicating with. For example, I have no issue with talking on the phone or face-to-face with people I like and know well.

If communicating with someone I don't like, or don't know, my preference is for text-based communication, such as e-mail.

For me, there are pros and cons to all styles of communication. With text-based communication one has the advantage of being able to take one's time reading what the other person has said, processing it, and then formulating a response. However, it can be difficult to convey tone, and in my experience it can be harder to clear up any misunderstandings.

• My preferred communication style seems to depend very much upon who I am communicating with. For example, I have no issue with talking on the phone or face-to-face with people I like and know well.

If communicating with someone I don't like, or don't know, my preference is for text-based communication, such as e-mail.

For me, there are pros and cons to all styles of communication. With text-based communication one has the advantage of being able to take one's time reading what the other person has said, processing it, and then formulating a response. However, it can be difficult to convey tone, and in my experience it can be harder to clear up any misunderstandings.

Children
No Data