What's your communication style?

For me I have found that I am much more talkative over text, in person or on calls I struggle with thinking of what to say and saying it. In person I only really talk if I get asked questions, whereas over text I can respond much more easily. It's not perfect as sometimes I don't respond to texts due to not knowing how or the "best" way, but it's a lot easier than communicating verbally.

I wondered how many other people preferred written over verbal communication and vice versa. 

Parents
  • I'm the same as you. Verbally, I only speak if I'm spoken to, unless it's actively invited.

I enjoy verbal communication with people I'm comfortable with.

• I'm the same, I enjoy a good conversation but it has to be with the right people.

I find written comunication much more thoughtful, there are fewer distractions, I think people respond to written comunication differently too, it depends though some read the first couple of sentences and then go off on one or read the title and reply to that rather than the body of the post, which I find really irritating, they obviously don't listen and are just waiting to pounce with their thoughts.

• I'm the same, I enjoy a good conversation but it has to be with the right people.

I find written comunication much more thoughtful, there are fewer distractions, I think people respond to written comunication differently too, it depends though some read the first couple of sentences and then go off on one or read the title and reply to that rather than the body of the post, which I find really irritating, they obviously don't listen and are just waiting to pounce with their thoughts.

Children