What's your communication style?

For me I have found that I am much more talkative over text, in person or on calls I struggle with thinking of what to say and saying it. In person I only really talk if I get asked questions, whereas over text I can respond much more easily. It's not perfect as sometimes I don't respond to texts due to not knowing how or the "best" way, but it's a lot easier than communicating verbally.

I wondered how many other people preferred written over verbal communication and vice versa. 

Parents
  • I wondered how many other people preferred written over verbal

Written is my preference.

There is plenty of scope to check it makes sense, do a quick search if additional info is needed (e.g. a link or explaining an acronym for TheCatWoman), to read it back to make sure it makes sense and answers the question and finally to decide if it is worth sending.

Sometimes taking a step back and deciding if it is really worth doing can avoid a load of hassle so it is better to just reply with an "ok" or "I don't know" is best.

• I wondered how many other people preferred written over verbal

Written is my preference.

There is plenty of scope to check it makes sense, do a quick search if additional info is needed (e.g. a link or explaining an acronym for TheCatWoman), to read it back to make sure it makes sense and answers the question and finally to decide if it is worth sending.

Sometimes taking a step back and deciding if it is really worth doing can avoid a load of hassle so it is better to just reply with an "ok" or "I don't know" is best.

Children
No Data